Carer - Night
Job Description: Full Time Position
Pay: Starting from £ 9.07 per hour depending on experience inclusive of pay enhancements for nights and weekends
Night Shifts 8pm to 8am, 36 hours per week, 3 x 12 hour shifts per week
We are currently recruiting for full time night shift Carer with experience preferred but not required as training is also available.
This post requires an individual to work within a team of carers and nurses to maintain care standards, respect the individuality and dignity of our residents and maintain a safe environment for residents, staff and visitors.
- Good communication skills and literacy
- Genuine interest in caring for the elderly
Preferred but not required:
- Previous experience as a carer or working with the elderly
- NVQ Level 2 in care
- To assist in the daily care of the residents, helping with dressing / undressing, washing, bathing and personal hygiene where necessary.
- To help residents with problems of mobility and other physical disabilities, helping with the use of disability aids and caring for the same, where appropriate.
- To help with the organisation of social activities, and to participate in them to help promote residents' esteem and physical and mental well-being.
To accompany residents on community visits where required and as duty rotas permit.
- Help serve food, assisting residents with eating and drinking as required. To prepare light meals and snacks if required, liaising with kitchen staff as necessary
- Monitor residents' conditions, and report any changes to the Senior Care Assistant / Registered Nurse as necessary.
- Help maintain a safe and healthy environment in the Home with due regard to appropriate Food Hygiene and Health and Safety Regulations. To report all accidents to the Matron.
- Read and write reports, and to participate in staff and residents' meetings as appropriate.
- Participate in training activities / course, as directed by senior staff.
- Assist with End-of-Life Care for residents who are terminally ill.
- Undertake other duties, as necessary.
Interested? Please email us your C.V. or phone for more information.
17th August 2020